Friday, February 6, 2009

You know the name... Now know the face

You've heard of their names, but what do they really look like? Now we have an answer!

First up is Jasmine Murray, the only survivor of Bikini Girl's group. She was really owes Katrina a lot. She seemed like Aretha Franklin beside Bikini Girl's Miley. One of my favourites. She'll probably make it through to the top 36.


Next, we have Scott McEntire. No, he's not staring at Paula's boobs. He's the blind guy that Ryan tried to hi-five. Surprisingly, the show didn't show a single frame of him at all during the Hollywood rounds. Maybe they didn't want to seem mean for making him learn a routine.


One of my favourites this year - Adam Lambert. Plenty of attitude and screaming (in a good way, not in the Nancy "why are you sitting here on your ass" way). My bold and daring prediction is that he would enter the top 36. After all, he already had a wink from Kara during his first audition. What else is as sure a shot at that?


Up next is Michael Castro, one of those I predict will enter the top 36, just because he's Jason's brother. The producers want to do stuff to attract people, and having an alumna's sibling in the show definitely would make me want to watch. I'm obsessed with the hair that seems to change color every time I see it. It was black last year, pink when he auditioned, and green during Hollywood week. I wonder if he would stay on long enough to go through all the colors of the rainbow.


Presenting next exhibit, we have Danny Gokey, also known affectionately as Dead Wife Guy. His voice is that kind of rocker-rough (yea, it sounds like I'm discussing paint color) that I'm not so into. But lucky for the mourner, the judges seem to like it. Or are the ones who truly like it the evil producers...?


This is Rose Flack, the poor girl who was so pissed off with Katrina in Hollywood week. She ultimately got cut herself, which was something I was expecting to happen, since her first round auditions weren't very good.


Next up is Lil Rounds. I know... what kind of name is Lil? Kind of like one of those very rare names rappers like to have. Lil Wayne, Lil Bow Wow, Lil Jon, Lil Mama, Lil Kim, Lil Scrappy... Seriously, I can't think of any. This girl has a serious set of pipes, and can belt like the next guy can butcher a song.


Presenting our final exhibit, Von Smith. He was so loud and animated that he made Nancy seem like a tame kitty. And no, he wasn't getting a bikini wax. Watch this if you dare! Not for the faint hearted.


And there you have it! The notable ones (whether for good for bad reasons) of American Idol. I was really disappointed I couldn't find a picture of the crazy laughing spanish girl. I promise I'll try harder =)

No comments: