Tuesday, February 24, 2009

McFly + David Archuleta = Totally Amazing Show That I Can't Go

I can't stand this torture any more... It's like no one I like ever comes to Singapore on their tours. Christina Aguilera came last-last year, but due to unforeseen circumstances (involving a lost iPod and a search around NTU's library), we were unable to attend. Imagine my utter disappointment! I could actually feel the aura of Christina ("Aura of Christina" sounds like a good name for a song) on the one and only day she set foot here. To think I was within 36km radius of Christina but was unable to see her...

And now all those good ones (read: ones that I like) are embarking on tours and since Singapore is so small that I doubt they know of its existence, none of them are coming here. Duffy, Jason Mraz and Coldplay is, but seeing how my heart rate did not increase when I think of that, I take it as an indicator that i don't really want to go. The only Duffy song I know is Mercy, Jason's is all sold out, and I don't like the word 'Coldplay'. So yeah.. no loses there.

But Britney Spears, David Archuleta, McFly and Jesse McCartney (and for a short moment Mariah, before she canceled her tour to work on her new album) are now going on tours, and I can't go to a single one. Not unless I live in New York and Times Square is within walking distance. Now comes the ultimatum: David Archuleta is going to be appearing as a special guest on McFly's tour in Britian. This is seriously designed to antagonize me. I can't go to a single show and now they appear together.

From McFly’s MySpace Blog: ‘ Friday, February 13, 2009

“We are pleased to announce that David Archuleta (American Idol Runner up) will be the Special Guest on our new Up Close and This Time Its Personal Tour. The tour will be great - we can’t wait for opening night!”

Gee.. Can't wait either...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. But David Archuleta will go on Asia tour from April 2 to April 14 - and it's not completely impossible that he'll stop by in Singapor. Actually, I'm almost sure he will. :)