Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He's a little too not over YOU

I just realized the amazing tactics of David Archuleta's album's writers. Almost all the songs are addressed to "you", to make you unconsciously more attached to the song. Let's do a lyric analysis:

Crush:
Do YOU ever think / When we're all alone / All that we can be / Where this thing could go

Touch My Hand:
Tryna' reach out to YOU / Touch my hand

My Hands:
If everything would stop / I'd listen for YOUr heart

A Little Too Not Over You:
(self-explanatory)

You Can:
(again, self-explanatory)

Running:
I'm not gonna stop runnin' / Cause without YOU / I've got nothin'

Desperate:
YOU want somebody / Just anybody / To lay their hands on YOUr soul tonight

To Be With You:
(do I really have to explain this?)

Don't Let Go:
I know that look in YOUr eyes / I don't wanna say goodnight

Your Eyes Don't Lie:
(it's really amazing, isn't it?)

Genius tactic they're using.

(Note to self: write songs addressed to YOU when I become a recording artist.)

No comments: