Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Aura of Christina

I mentioned in a previous post that Aura of Christina sounds like a good song title, so I wrote a short poem on it. There are 9 references to her, see if you can spot them =)

Way from back in the day
When you told me love will find a way
With your beautiful singing I was amazed
And I swore one day I'll see your face

I never imagined I would get chance
Of your face I'll catch a glance
On your tour Singapore was one of the stops
I see promotional posters in all the shops

The day finally came when you touched down in Changi
The moment I woke up I started feeling funny
Of your closeness my heart was the indicator
It knows of you there ain't no other

But alas, your show, I was unable to attend
Watched your shows on YouTube but was unable to pretend
I feel your presence in the atmosphere
You're in the stadium but I still feel you near

When the show's over and you were on your way
I realized you couldn't be here to stay
I wanted to tell you, slow down baby
But 'Impossible' was your reply to me

I need someone to save me from myself
Your departure has affected my mental health
Falsas esperranzas I had clutched tightly in my hands
But now you're gone and I just don't understand


No comments: