Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And I'm Telling You...

... I got through to the next round!

Hohoho... I can finally shake off the embarrassment of last year's 'wrong-category-forgotten-lyrics' saga. I sang Dreamgirl's 'And I'm Telling You' for the audition round ( I heard gasps in the audience. They probably thought I was nuts to do this song.. Either that, or they, like Greg, thought I wasn't going to tell them the title.), and managed to get through it without forgetting a single word.

I promised myself the hand gestures and the waving about wouldn't happen, but it somehow subconciously crept into the performance. By the last 'no no there's no way', the inner diva in me had already taken over, and I was ready to place a slap on anyone within 2 feet of me. My left hand was clutching the mike on the mikestand in a deathgrip while my right was wildly flying about. Must have been a real sight.

But I still got through! So a big ha! to all the suckers who projected their negative thoughts towards me. ("Who does he think he is? Mariah freaking Carey?")

I mainly looked at my class' people when I sang, cause it's so much easier when there's familiar faces in the crowd. So thanks so much to the people who came, even though I know most only came to see the two freaks. I wouldn't blame them, since I was more excited about the weirdos' 'big show' than my own audition.

The freaks didn't disappoint. Both were as horrible as I expected them to be, though I didn't expect the vietnam guy to start shaking so badly. I also didn't expect him to burst into tears after failing to hit a note (which wasn't even that high to begin with.. probably that's why he cried..).

Up next.. I'll be singing Mariah Carey's 'Hero', and if I get through to the next round, I'll be on my way to some money! Yipee!

No comments: