Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I SAW ARCHULETA!!!!!!!!

Today is officially the most incredible day of my entire life. Cause I finally got to see DAVID ARCHULETA!

So it went down like this. I met Greg, then arrived at Bugis at around 5pm. We made our way to the ugly sparkling building known as Iluma, and saw that there was already a huge group of people waiting to get in. Not knowing we had to queue (or probably we subconsciously knew but chose to ignore that), we made our way in through another door and got into the cordoned off special area for people with the CDs. No one stopped us, so HAHA SUCKERS (who had to wait outside).

He's supposedly coming at 7, and it was only around 5.10, so we just sat there singing the Arch songs that were blasting (and I really mean blast. Like, hello? The average age group here is 16.. Not 61.. We appreciate the effort, but we can seriously hear it clearly enough. Even Arch's voice can sound annoying when its directed full blast at you with 4 gigantic speakers. (AHHH I can't believe I just said that)

At around 6.50 (after 2 hours of Arch's CD on repeat and staring at a fat woman's butt crack in front of me), some DJ came on to get the people excited about His arrival. We all eagerly waited His majesty, and there were around 10 false alarms. ("AHHHH THERE HE IS!!!" Oh wait. that's security. AHHHH THERE!!!! Nope.. Cleaner...") It got to a point where people don't even care anymore when the screaming starts.

At around 7.15pm (it's good to be fashionably late in this industry. Or else people'll think you're too eager and desperate. They must have timed his arrival to be exactly 15mins late. Thankfully they didn't take a leaf out of Mariah's book and make him come an hour late.), Archuleta finally arrives. He's dressed in a blue shirt, sleeves rolled up, blue black jeans and a black tie. Chic, casual and stylish. I'm so gonna hunt the shirt down and wear it for talentime. But anyways. The moment he stepped onto the stage (you can imagine how loud all the screaming was. Mine was not included, I swear. What's with that skeptical look?), 'Touch My Hand' began. His live singing is soooo incredible. He's also much more confident on stage. He's like bopping up and down and running all over the place.

His next song was 'A Little Too Not Over You'. And HE POINTED STRAIGHT AT ME!!!!! And looked me in the eye. Probably cause I'm tall, so I stand out from the crowd. Don't try to tell me I'm delusional. I swear, its me. It was so funny when the crowd sang the 'whoo-woo' part for the song. Like helping him.. I couldn't hear him sing the falsetto, only the crowd.

He played the piano for 'A Thousand Miles', and was amazing, as usual. The fans sang along for the whole song. It's such an incredible experience to sing it to him. I realized he pronounces 'thousand' weridly. He says 'thousenn'. But whatever.

The last song he sang was 'Crush'. The crowd really went wild for this one. We sang with him, and he let us do the 'away-yea-yea-yea' thing for the last chorus.

The most amazing part of the night was the autograph session. We went up one by one (we were quite infront cause we went at 5, so we didnt wait long) to have his autograph signed. They would only sign CDs made in SG. What bullshit. So obvious that they're trying to boost sales of his CD in Singapore. Greg had to specially buy a CD before he was let in. And the bodyguards have serious attitude issues. They'll drag you away if you stay longer than 5 seconds, and if you try to touch him, you're as good as an Arab (no offence intended) carrying a suspicious object on an aeroplane.

Then came my turn (after watching a guy get dragged away, I didn't dare to do anything funny), and I gave him my CD poster for him to sign. I quickly said 'Thanks so much!", for fear that they would brand me as a threat and drag me out. David (I just realized he's a left hander) looked surprised that someone talked to him (all the while I was thinking how luminous he looks) and he LOOKED ME STRAIGHT IN THE EYE (and my mind was completely blinded by his beautiful misty-grey/hazel eyes) and repled "Oh! Oh, you're welcome."

THE BEST 5 SECONDS OF MY LIFE. Ever.

I can't believe how amazing tonight is. I got to see one of my favourite singers of all time (okay fine. Since last year.). I wish he really had a concert here, that would have been absolutely bril. But I guess I can't be choosy. It's lucky enough that he came to Singapore.

Fantastic night!

The poster he autographed for me =)

No comments: