Friday, June 4, 2010

Congrats! You Get To See More Of Me

The single greatest most incredible thing about going to school in Madison, is the insanely beautiful dorm I'll be staying in, called Lucky 101. It's a privately owned dorm, still located in the school, but managed by private firms. That basically means the rules are far more relaxed, they can make it as luxurious as they want, and it's still within walking distance of your classes. I wanted to rent an apartment of my own, initially, but Dad wouldn't hear of it. He wants me to suffer and experience what it's like to live with other people in the dorms, he says. Sure, dad. I will be suffering very much in my hotel-like complex. They don't even say 'roommates' there, they say suite-mates. Sweet.

It costs a bit more than 7k for the doubles suite, meaning you have to stay in the same room as someone else within that apartment, which is actually cheaper than the school dorm fee of 8k per year. But of course, living with someone else would completely ruin all the plans I have (they totally do not include having various people sleep over, with Mariah's 'Making It Last All Night' playing in the background), and so I pushed my dad into getting the singles suite (12k per year, inclusive of meals), complete with my own queen sized bed. Boy oh boy. The pieces seem to be all falling into place.

The layout of the place is like this.

4 people share one apartment, and we each have our own bedrooms to engage in activities too private to be shared. We share a living room and a fully functioning kitchen, and two bathrooms. There's even concierge and housekeeping services, which leads me to wonder why they're still pretending to be a dorm, when it's obviously a hotel. Also, if you feel that the tone of this post has started to turn excessively braggish, you are absolutely right. Something has finally gone right for me and believe me, I will rub it in all of your faces for as many times as I can =)

The earliest possible date I could move in would be August 25, which is why I have changed my airticket to August 26. The Uni has a special SOAR (summer orientation and registration) date on Aug 31 for those people who are unable to make it to the earlier July dates, so it all works out perfectly. You may now take a moment to shriek in joy at the thought of getting to see me for a whole 2 months more. Go ahead, let it all out.

Okay, moment over.

Feast your eyes on my gorgeous living quarters, if you will =)

No comments: