Monday, June 14, 2010

The Simba Fantasy

Some guys have fantasy football leagues, others have fantasies (however unrealistic) of getting it on with supermodels. I, for one, am proud to say that my own fantasy is nothing as childish as those of my fellow brothers. What I truly desire is to recreate classic scenes from Disney movies, eg. the Rafiki holding up Simba on the mountain ledge in 'The Lion King'. See, not immature at all. 

What I would require now, is a mountain ledge and a lion cub. The one who brings a lion cub to me would most definitely capture my heart. Not the one who finds me a mountain ledge, though. That just means the person's been around, and you sure wouldn't want to be with someone who's been around. (Though, on hindsight, that could probably mean a lot more secret and thrilling rendezvous hideouts. Alright, the mountain-ledge finding person would do too.)

With my lion cub in hand, I'll march up a mountain (I'll have to settle for Bukit Timah Hill for now) and play 'The Circle Of Life' on loudspeakers. I insist that the chants of 'Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba, Sithi uhm ingonyama!' resonate through the entire forest, calling forth all the beasts and critters to pay their respects to the divine ruler of them all. (I'll have to claim the title for myself, the damn lion cub is just a prop.) 

High above my head I'll raise Simba (for of course that's what his name will be. I don't even care if it's a female cub. She'll be a lesbian lion and deal with it.), and all those loyal subjects would bow before me. Probably not as thrilling a sight to see animals like monitor lizards and long-tailed macaques bow, as compared to the elephants, giraffes and rhinoceroses Africa has, but oh well. No one said this had to be a perfectly accurate reenactment. In fact, I'll even settle for a large yellow cat if a lion cub is too rare. 

Now you may ask; James, respected and clear-minded sir, what satisfaction could you possibly attain from such a recreation? Well of course I can, children! There is endless joy and wonderment to be achieved, and I'll let you know how to do that, as soon as I figure it out.

Picture this, but with me as the monkey and no real lions behind me. That would be unwise.

No comments: