Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apparantly, I've Been Kidnapped

1pm - Mom receives a phone call.

Mom: Hello?
Boy: (Sobbing) Mom, something's happened!
Mom: What?! What happened?
Boy: Some people beat me up... I'm held at this place...
Mom: What's your name?
Boy: I'm Jian Yi (my Chinese name)
Mom: (sensing something's wrong) What's your full name? Where were you born?
Boy: I'm your child!
Mom: Where were you born? Which city?

Click... The line goes dead...


My mom tried calling me, but I was in Econs lesson, so I rejected the call. She then called my sis to text me, which she did, and I returned the call. So my sis told me about how they tried to con Mom into thinking that I was kidnapped. The sheer cheek of these people. Hello.. anyone who knows me would know I'm hardly the conventional kidnapping victim. I would get a back ache from the 'anonymous white van' that kidnappers seem to enjoy so much.

Luckily, this scam wasn't the first time it happened close to me. Another friend of ours had something similiar happen to them, and so Mom was more vigilant after that. But how could they have found out my Chinese name? I barely use it, and only in Chinese class when the teacher calls me. Maybe it's someone from my class... Or the Chinese teacher... Hmm...

Mom told me that even the voice of that person sounds like me. She should have asked him to sing Vision of Love or something. Lowlife scam accomplices shouldn't know that song.

I pity those scam-ers. Worked so hard to find out my info and do such believable voice acting only to be foiled by my mom. Those silly goose. My dad already set in place a series of security questions for such purposes. Only if 'I' manage to answer them all would they believe. Better luck next time, people.

No comments: