Friday, October 28, 2011

Graveyard Musings

Snarling gargoyles bow as I enter
Wintery breezes 
They flirt with my fingers
Sink my feet into burning ice
Conscience is numb
Yet it longs and cries
Cruelty fuels the flame
To ignite all blame
Burn me from the inside
So to you I do the same
Tell me a story, tell me a lie
Make me believe
There's good in goodbye
Carve a pumpkin from a face
Smile to face 
The scythe with grace
Show me longing rips you apart
Show me torn and damaged to start
In a graveyard I make my bed
People don't lie
Are people who're dead
Bouquets of wilted guilt
Sew patches of soul on a wretched quilt
Starlight winks through fog that blinds
Buttercup dew still clouds my mind
I prick my finger to write our names
On a headstone
Where it'll last for a day
A flame flickers with no candle in sight
Muted sorrow brings me a figure in white
My senses know not 
Be it angel or ghost
But kiss me gently
Where it hurts the most
Witches reign yet they bring no peace
Watch me scatter
Piece by piece
Lie with me on a night so still
Lie with me so I feel no chill



No comments: