Monday, August 24, 2009

Procrastination: A Poem

I wrote this during the math paper =) It's the reason I have so much time.

"I should get studying"
Pushed out of my mind
The day is early
I've got tons of time

Just a few notes to read
I can get through that, no problem
Meanwhile let's find
A way to rid this boredom

You expect me to revise
When I'm still having breakfast?
Just one quick glance
From 9 to 10 it's 'Ellen DeGeneres'

I'm still woozy and sleepy
Can barely even think
Maybe E-News might help
Watch some starlets on the brink

"You should be studying"
I heard my conscience say
With new resolve I head to my room
But lost half of it along the way

"Come read my daily news online"
Mariah's voice floats in
Not that I want to,
But to ignore her would be a sin

I promised myself
Ten minutes is all I allow
But three hours later
I'd completely forgotten that vow

"I absolutely must begin studying,
It's now or never!"
As i repeated that to myself
I logged on to messenger

It's now nightfall
The day is done
As for the studying
I've barely begun

At least now I'll have time
During the examination
To write a whole poem
on succumbing to procrastination

No comments: