Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mini Novel: Mind Over Matter

Here is an excerpt from the mini novel I wrote last Christmas. It's a paranormal mystery =)

The link to the story is located below.

________________________________________________________________

“But how do you expect me to help?” Connor asked, although he thinks he already knew the answer.

“I know you have… abilities, Connor.” Karen replied. “You have got to help me find my child. I’ve travelled all the way to the West Coast for your help, I’ll..”

“I’m sorry; I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Connor cut her off. “I have to go now; my mom is expecting me back home.” He started rising from his chair.

“Please!” Karen reached out and grabbed hold of Connor’s hands. “I know you’re psychic, you can find him! You may be the last chance I have of seeing my son, Connor… I’m dying; I just want to see my son once before I leave this world.” Karen pleaded.

Connor froze halfway up. “You’re dying?”

Karen closed her eyes for a moment to compose herself. She took a deep breath, shuddering as she exhaled. “It’s cancer. Pancreatic. The doctor predicts I have a maximum of one year to live.” Karen’s watery eyes met Connor’s. “Fulfill this dying woman’s one last wish. Please?”

________________________________________________________________

Read it here!

No comments: