Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Journal Excerpt: 30 December 2007

Wong Tai Sin Temple, Hongkong

They took us to this temple that's famous for their fortune tellars today. There was a whole street full of fortune tellars, and the number of people praying at the temple was just overwhelming. The air was full of chocking joss stick insense. This place is apparantly famous for its amazingly accurate fortune tellars.

I said I wanted my fortune told (cause it's so fun), and we looked for a guy who could speak Mandarin. They almost always only speak Cantonese, which is so annoying since I don't. There's this guy that charges 400HKD for like the whole thing, which includes palm reading, face reading, all the whole nine yards of whatever they do. He looks nice enough, so alright then. My future's in his hands (but since he's reading my palms, I guess it's really in my hands).

He asked for my birth dates, birth times, and checked lots of books. So the conclusion:

- I have too much 水 (water) in my life. It's cause of my birthdate or something.

- I would excell in stuff related to the elements fire, wood and earth, but not water or metal. I would very much like to know what those things are. Like what? Firefighter? I would excel in rushing into a burning building? But would I excel in rushing out?

- My luck this year isn't very good, but it'll get better for the next few years.

- My life would pretty much stablize after 28. So I guess if I'm gonna do anything craz I'll have to do it within the next 12 years.

- My first born would be a boy, second a girl.

- My love life would be complicated, due to the complicated love line on my palm.

- No one is planning or will plan to back stab me.

- There are lots of good people in my life.

- He says I worry about stuff too much (cause eyebrows very close to eyes)

- I'm an easy going person, but when I make up my mind it's difficult to make me change it.

- I'm very kind hearted, but should be weary of people who might make use of that against me.

- My studying skills are not good. I have to put in a lot of effort.

He said more, but I can't remember them now. I guess the first test would be my first born.
His shop number is 88. I guess I should remember it in case I go Hongkong again.

No comments: