Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What Hurts The Most

"You know what's fucked up? When all of a sudden, someone just wakes up and decides to never talk to you again. No reason. No explanation. No words said. They just leave you hanging like you never meant shit to them, and what hurts the most is how they make it look so easy." 

You're single? Why? 

"Why would you possibly ask me that? What do you want me to say, that after everything I've done I am still left with nothing tangible to show for it? I am single because clearly I fucked up somewhere, or that I am fucked up somewhere. I am single because watching old movies and drinking wine is a full time job, because I'd rather drill holes in my bones than degrade myself trying to appear like-able to jerks, because I am better than the person I let myself get cheapened to. Are you asking because you're looking for me to tell you how much more comfortable I am being independent, so you can feel more comfortable about flaunting your new relationship around me? Or are you asking because you subconsciously want me to think deeply about how I'm lacking as compared to you, and that I need to reevaluate and restructure my life to be more like you? You wanna know why? I'll tell ya why. I'm single because I didn't forward all those chain emails as a kid and now I'm paying for it."

No comments: