Friday, December 30, 2011

Constellation

I don't need you to complete me, because I am not comprised of individual parts that can be removed and reassembled at will. I am a whole entity, an existing body that isn't missing any vital piece. You do not hold the final piece of the puzzle, for I am not a fragile, irregularly shaped hole without you.

I am a mass of stars that shines with its own intensity, I burn with my own incandescence and I am bright even without you. But I need you. I need you to point out the constellations within me, to show me what's beautiful in me, that which even I do not see. I need you to make sense of the mess that I can be, the mess that another would see, but no, not you. You make sense of the senseless and with your fingers, you trace beautiful patterns of warriors and heroes. You are not another star that completes me, you have to be more than that - you have to be the one that truly sees me.

No comments: