Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Final Half-Hour

First of all, let it be said that *I* would never be one of those "golly geez, didn't this year pass by with a blink of an eye?" people. Hell to the no. A 2 legged turtle with arthritis could outrun the glacial pace 2009 moved at. Where do I even begin recounting the tales of struggles and hardships this sweet lil' boy (I meant me, in case I wasn't specific enough) had to endure before I came to this stage of the sacred 'Final Half-Hour Reflections Time'. There was the looong wait for Mariah's album, which I'm certain made time slow down for a little bit, the A Levels, which I'm certain killed a little piece of my soul, the death of one of the biggest stars in the planet on the fateful June 25... Yes, Farrah, you will forever be missed. (What? Michael who?!) Throw in a recession, the news of Oprah's show ending and the inevitable realization that Twilight was never going to, I was desperate for the year to come to an end.

One of the things I regretted most in this year was probably the tiff in school, that affected some of us emotionally and psychologically. Hell, I wasn't even involved in the little tiff. But mess with ma girls and ya mess with me, geddit, bitch? This is impacting me more than I realize, cause I think I'm starting to sound like a New Yorker pimp. The little argument has effectively ended the friendships of some of us, but seeing how a blossoming new relationship has emerged after it, I'd say it's not entirely a bad thing. Just like how a black hole devouring Earth is not a bad thing.

I think I know why they call me a poisonous bitch now. O well.

The one good thing that came from this year is the end of my junior college days. Those were truly some of the more terrifying and traumatic experiences of my life, not counting the time when I was four and held another woman's hand and called her mom. That definitely tops the list, but JC life comes pretty close. I can't say it was all that enjoyable, apart from the time I spent with some of my school mates. I say some, because *others* just don't get the hint and won't stay away. Or shut up. Or die. I'm totally fine with them choosing any of those, I'm not picky. The 4 hour lunch-and-gossip sessions will be sorely missed. Probably not by the Delifrance staff, though. Or Burger King. Or Subway. Boy, are we a bunch of unwelcome freaks.

2009 is also the last year I would ever be a Singapore Permanent Resident. I enter the new year a complete foreigner, and my law-avoiding days will officially begin. That's right, people. My life is more interesting than yours now. Be very jealous. Live life on the edge of the visa allowance, that's what I say.

I'm running out of time here, only around five minutes left. Writing this is taking longer than I thought it would. Goes to show how much I dilly-dally when writing. I would just go off topic and being rambling about something completely ridiculous. Like ice-cream sundaes. Which are delicious, if i might add. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, to be eating something with the word 'Sunday' in it. Conjures up images of fluffy birds and chirpy puppies.

Ooh I hear fireworks. the new year must be upon us.

Happy new year, darhlings.

No comments: